The kids and I have successfully made it to 5 weeks living here in the camper. I think we've done well!!! Especially given the weather that has hit Cape Cod over the last five weeks. Many, many days of wind, rain, mist, clouds and what have you. It's been crazy. I'm sure that starting Monday, the sun will shine daily on this little bit of the world.
We've spent hours upon hours at the park, riding bikes, at the beach and let's not forget those many trips to the candy store! I will admit to having some tough nights trying to get the kids to sleep. It's just so different down here than when we are at home. I will also admit to finding one, two and even three children in bed with me in the morning. I will admit to mornings without showers because "I wanna go outside, I wanna go outside, I wanna go outside". I will admit to one lost flip flop. Buried perhaps, or perhaps sent out to sea at the hands of a two year old or a four year old boy. I will admit to enjoying my time in the laundry room, yes time alone, waiting for that final spin cycle on the washer. I will admit to really enjoying the sight of my husband's car coming down the street on Friday evening. I will admit to the pleasure of opening that first bottle of beer for the weekend. I will admit to really looking forward to the visits of family and friends, if only to have an adult with whom I could sit and chat and have a cocktail. I will admit that the first time my husband brought me here, I was a little apprehensive (We're going to a trailer?!?). I will admit that I look forward to many more summers here with my children. I think this experience is something that they will always look back on with happiness.



No comments:
Post a Comment