Sunday, May 4, 2008

She finally noticed!

Okay, so having boy/girl twins, there are obviously a lot of differences. Their readiness to do certain things like talking, walking, going on the potty. They each have certain things that draw them in, hold their interest and keep it (for as long as any three year old can be held captive). Meghan is drawn to princesses, baby dolls and pink. She loves her ponytails, loves flowers and butterflies. She's a "girly girl", most of the time. Nolan is drawn to trucks and cars, to dinosaurs and to sports, any sports. He likes baseball, football, hockey, golf, you name it, he likes it.

They have different ways of showing their affection and love. Nolan is sweet and loving, always with a hug or a kiss. There to boost Mommy's confidence when she needs it. The compliments just flow from his mouth. And a random "I love you" is not a surprise.

Meghan is a little more subtle with her love. She likes to cuddle, she likes to kiss, she likes to take care of people. She mothers her two brothers all the time. She gives hugs and kisses to them, tries to help them with things that they could just as easily do themselves. She is a little mother hen.

Both of them are very observant, most of the time. They notice if Daddy misses someone when he is kissing goodbye in the morning, they notice when the neighbor gets home from work and they greet her, they notice when Mommy puts on her makeup and does her hair. That is why I was surprised that it took so long for one of them to notice a major difference between the two of them. They get dressed in front of each other, they bathe together, they shower together. But it wasn't until this week, that Meghan noticed...

Nolan was getting changed and was standing on the changing table. He was "nakie" as we like to say around here. She looked up, pointed, and said "I got a peepee, too! But it doesn't look like that!! I like it!"

I know as they grow older, their differences will continue to multiply. I hope that one thing remains the same, their friendship and love are what amazes me every day and I hope that that grows over the years.

No comments: