Wednesday, May 28, 2008

She thinks she's smarter than I

We were in and out and all over the place today. Walking, running, playing inside, playing outside, a pretty full day. During the kids' outside time, I ducked in from time to time to do some laundry, turn the oven on, whatever. The kids were having fun drawing with their sidewalk chalk, playing on the slide, playing in the sandbox. As dinner time approached, I was ducking into the house a little bit more. Once I had things set on the stove, I headed outside to play some more. Meghan was sitting on the edge of the sandbox digging (I had caught the two of them trying to fill their pool with sand five minutes earlier). She looked up at me and very sweetly said to me "Mommy, can you go back inside?" I saw the wheels turning in her head and said to her "Why? So you can misbehave?" She answered me, just as sweetly, "Yes, Mama."

No comments: