Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Twin Bond?

I love that my twins have a "best friend" built right in to their family. True, they can gang up on us from time to time. "Don't say that, he is my best friend" "Please don't be mad at Meggie" And they can also fight...a lot!! "You are not my best friend anymore!" "Leave me alone, I need privacy." But the times when they are just showing the genuine love that they have for each other just warm my heart.

When we go out in the car, Meghan will help to unbuckle Nolan's seatbelt in his car seat. Nolan will make sure that Meghan has whatever she needs, even if it's the toy he is holding in his hands. They sing together, they laugh together, they love together. When we are in a store or a mall, they will hold hands and giggle together. When music comes on they will sing or dance together.

But today I had a moment when I wondered..."Are they too close?" We were in the grocery store picking up some stuff when Meghan announced that she had to go potty (Meghan always has to go potty). We were in the bathroom and I was holding Liam because there are all kinds of things he can get into in there. I asked Nolan to get some toilet paper for Meghan, which he did, of course. Well, when she got up from the potty, she turned her bum to him and said "Okay, Nolie, wipe my bummy" which he did, of course.

No comments: