Well, last night was my first game of the year, and it was a good one. I went with Julie. Tricia rode in with us and we met John, Margo and Brian before the game. Julie an I headed to Yawkey way to check that out before the start of the game. And it was a good game!! Tied 1-1 in the 9th inning, Ortiz was walked, Manny was walked, no outs. Lowell came to the plate. Struck out. Brandon Moss hit one down the line to CF, Jed Lowry tried to round the bases and didn't make it home in time. So, two out, bottom of the ninth, men on first and second. Varitek steps to the plate and hit the ball to the same place. Manny rounded third and headed for home, beating the throw to the plate for a Red Sox WIN!!!
Of course, my day leading up to it wasn't quite that exciting! But it was another day with the kids. We hung out playing in the house. It was sunny, but still a bit chilly so we never made it outside. When Liam went in for his afternoon nap, the kids and I decided to make a treat together. They donned their aprons, each checking out what picture was on the other's apron. Chairs were pulled up to the counter leaving little room for me to get near the bowl. And we made our treats. They had to know what each ingredient was as we put it in. They were amazed by the mixer (we used the hand mixer this time) and then they helped to form the mixture into "balls". (Well, Meghan did, Nolan dropped one and gave up on us.) They have so much fun helping in the kitchen and Meghan was loving the treats.
So as I got things ready for Grandma's arrival, the kids wanted to know where I was going. I told them I was going to Fenway Park. Well, of course, they thought I was going to some kind of playground without them. So I explained to them that Fenway Park is where the Red Sox play. Well, Nolan, in typical Nolan logic, tells me that "Daddy goes to the Red Sox! Girls don't go to the Red Sox!!" Well, my little man, have I got news for you...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment