my parents never bought me one of those foolish horns at the parades. I wanted one. Every time we went to something like that, I asked for one, but no deal. I thought they were so mean to deprive me of such a wonderful toy! Well, today, I realized that they were not mean, they were just protecting their sanity and the sanity of everyone in the neighborhood.
Today, we went to the carnival. It was something we planned with Chrissy this week. We met her and Mattie at the high school for the carnival. The kids were so excited to see each other and simply running along and picking dandelions probably would have been enough for them. But, we had a plan. So we ventured forth into the lovely Midway of the carnival. Look at all those games, look at all those prizes, look at all that fried dough (no, I resisted). We bought some ride tickets, just a few, and the kids took their turn on one of two moonwalks. It was a close call with little Meggie girl, she barely made the height restriction (36 inches). This one had a slide and the three of them just had a blast. So we moved on down the way. We checked out some rides, Nolan was enamored of The Crazy Bus, but we didn't go on it. Then we came to the Merry Go Round, the three of them were thrilled to go on that. Chrissy climbed on with them, while Liam and I watched from the side. They looked a little nervous at first, but moments later, the smiles on their faces told me all I needed to know. They loved it! After the merry go round, they played their game. It was basketball and they were guaranteed a win. All three of them got their baskets and moved to the prize bins. Look at those big inflatable bats, look at those little stuffed animals, but no, there it is, the prize to beat all the other prizes...the horn. It looks like a harmless little toy, but tell that to the crowds that had to deal with three 3 year olds running in circles, walking in a line holding hands, chasing each other, all the while tooting those horns! They will tell you a different story. As will the neighbors, who got to witness the parade in my driveway. Hmmm..do you think they will notice if they are missing tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment