Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Year Changes so many things

For many years I was pretty on the ball, I worked full time and was out of the house and at my desk at 7 AM. Then I had kids, and I still managed to be on the ball part-time (because I worked part-time). I would get things set at night, kids bags packed, their outfits ready (usually) and I would head off to bed at a decent hour. I got up on those work mornings at 4:45, got in the shower, got myself dressed, hair dried, make-up on and bag ready to go. I woke the kids up at 6:15 and got them dressed and into their high chairs for a light breakfast while Doug got into the shower. I would leave the house between 6:30 and 6:45 and head off to my "other life". When I got home at night, I would get dinner set, play with the kids and read my paper (yes, I even had time to read my paper). Then something happened to me. I had another baby. I became a stay-at-home-mom. I lost my edge. I find that I can't get out of my own way in the mornings these days. I get up and if I don't get in the shower right away....I don't get in there until after 10 AM!!! I let the kids stay in their pajamas for a bit, too. Unless I have a set plan for the day, we are very lax in our ways. I need to find a way to get organized, I need to plan better, I need to find my former self.....I'm going to look under that pile of laundry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL! Great post Maureen, I love your new blog!